11 Mar 2008

New Etsy sellers with the recycling passion

Getting started in any business is hard work. Getting started in sales on a site like Etsy can seem like a very big hill to climb. There are so many other people all vying for customers attention that sometimes you can feel a little behind and lost in the race to get a sale. Well today we are going to be seeing some of the people just starting out. They have all been at etsy less than 3 months and the other thing they have in common is a desire to recycle.

As the Captain of the Pirate Pixie Crew, Kirby caught my attention straight away with this cushion that's made from recycled cotton twill. I could see me having a relaxing day in a hammock with my head resting on this pillow whilst the sun shone down on the deck of the Galleon. I have a feeling some of the naughty little pixies might run off with it though.

Zoe of Redkindled really does seem to have a great passion for recycling and I really loved this statement from the description of this necklace "Using reclaimed materials is not only eco-friendly but also ensures that this necklace is totally unique and one of a kind." Never a truer word has been said. So if you want to stand out from the crowd by being stylish and environmentally friendly, go along and give her shop some love.

Do you have a baby? Do you want to do your bit for recycling and give your baby stylish shoes? Well Connie of Scandeez has the perfect goods for you. All her baby leather moks are made from reclaimed soft leather and they all have pretty surprise shapes on the bottoms to make them fun and stylish. I think she should start making them in adult sizes too!

Well Shiver me timbers if I haven't found another item that the Pirate Pixie Crew might need for the cold nights out at sea. CussinCrafter makes fabulous "fluff-a-rump" diaper covers from recycled lambswool sweaters. They have many styles and lengths on sale. Fun and Funky, they really are a perfect bit of recycling. I, of course, had to pick the pirate pair to share with you.

This item made me bounce in my chair with delight. My friend and I used to run a fancy dress hire shop and in that shop we used to have lots of gorgeous 1950's original dresses. We had one that looked just like the one on the front of this vintage pattern that's for sale in SmartiPants shop. If I thought I had the skill and time to make this I would be buying the pattern and making it. I think it would be great if you could find some original 50's material to make it in.

Last, but definitely not least for today we have this sumptuously small bag from SalvagedExpression. This lady collects up items other people no longer want and she turns them into gorgeous creations that people are clamouring to own. Dressing up as David Bowie got her the Boa for this creation... there seems to be a great story behind all of her goods. I think that makes them even more fun to own. Go take a look at the other goodies she has made and see if you can't find a story that you want to own.

I had great fun looking through all today's selection. I recommend taking a trip around their shops. You're sure to find something that makes you stop and look.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring me in your blog. It is good to know that there are people out there who are interested in what I (and the others in your article) are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice feature.
    I am also keen on 50s fashion. Will definitely give a look to that shop
    Soo, tell me, what happened to all these nice 50s outfits you sued to sell?
    Any left ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice feature. Have to check her shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'll have to check this out some more! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP