22 May 2009

Have you gawked today?

I was introduced to a new website the other day by Helen of Kitty Ballistic called CraftGawker. If you have never seen the site I'd advise you to take a look. The site allows you to submit photos and stories about hand crafted items. They have strict submission policies and the site is juried. Your submission will not immediately appear. It will have to be approved first. They judge by clearness of photos rather than item, although the item in the photo must be hand crafted, but as you will see if you click the link to the site, the entries they have allowed through really are gorgeous. I spent a happy hour at 5 am this morning (yes, couldn't sleep last night) looking through the photos and clicking on them to go to peoples blogs, websites and shops to see what else they have made.

Snarkledark's sheep Phillis, with it's large ears and pretty face, just made my heart melt. I love the swirly wool pattern that covers this piece, but most of all I adore it's little stumpy feet. Such a beautiful piece of work.

Now if Phillis the sheep didn't have you sighing "Ahhh" most surely Kathy Neilsen's baby in a crochet hat and cocoon will. The photo by Kel Ward is stunning as is the cocoon and hat. That baby is just sooo scrummy!

Plum and Sage's necklace attracted me because of the duck egg blue colour of the enamel on the domed circular pendants. The photograph really shows off the beautiful sheen and enamel's speckled colouring.

Regular readers will be well aware of my fibre fetish and this yarn from Goble Warming has had me checking my paypal account to see if I have the money to buy it. The colours are so beautiful. I love the contrasts between the 2 ply of the yarn.

Crankbunny's paper puppets are so delightful. This mesmerizing mermaid is but one of them. My favourite in her shop though has to be her robot. The attention to detail in the printing is perfection. Great work!

So if you are looking for for beautiful photos of fabulous hand crafted creations the get Gawking! There are hundreds of dazzling photos to see. You are sure to find something you love.

Written by Lynne of the PiratePixieCrew and Hyperloop Hoops

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Great pieces. I love the sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't seen Craftgawker until it was mentioned on Coriandr and its fab. I'm resisting the urge to play until the weekend though. That yarn is lovely! My favorite colours

    ReplyDelete

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP